Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kids Who Love Sacraments

One time when Mackenzie and Delaney were eating a lunch of PBJ's, Mackenzie (who was 4 at the time) said, "Here, Delaney, eat this. And when you do, remember me."

One time we found Delaney serving communion to her stuffed animals.

Recently, my wife overheard Mackenzie preaching a pretty theologically-loaded sermon to the next door neighbor kids. For a 6-year old, it was pretty good stuff: incarnation, substitutionary atonement, resurrection, then it concluded with the line, "and that's why Jesus can turn back into a baby any time he wants to!"

I'm a pastor. I want to model good and Godly character for my kids. I want to set them an example to follow. I am far from perfect, but that is my desire. My kids' apparent appreciation for the sacraments doesn't necessarily correlate with character, but sometimes I forget how much my kids are actually watching...

No comments:

Post a Comment