Wednesday, June 16, 2010

No iPhone, Day 1

Last night, I sold my iPhone 3Gs, and pre-ordered the new iPhone 4. Alas, it will now be mid-July before my new one arrives. Let the chronicles begin...

Day 1: I'm not exactly sure where I am, who I am, or what day it is. The shaking and cold sweats wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for all the vomiting, too.

I keep hearing weird noises, then realizing it is the abominable Nokia in my hoodie pocket. I look at the screen, see some text, but have no idea how to respond. Not only is the technology failing me, but so is my grasp of language itself.

In desperation, I called the guy (not joking) who I sold the phone to and confessed that I had made a terrible mistake. I asked...no, begged for him to sell me back the 3Gs. He told me that his friend had bought if for him. I called the friend. No answer...

...I feel so cold, so very alone...

Why does Steve Jobs want to do this to me? If Steve Jobs is all-powerful and all-good, why can't he end the suffering in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment