Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Moving To Seattle - pt. 2

Since we announced that our family would be moving to Seattle, I have received a tremendous amount of love, support and encouragement. I thought I would take this opportunity to fill you in on a few specific details that have been nailed down over the past few weeks.

1. I have been accepted to an internship at Mars Hill Church in Seattle. This is a 25hr per week unpaid internship (more on this below). The start date is August 1st.
2. I will also (most likely) be doing the Resurgence Re:Train program at Mars Hill simultaneously. The program and the internship were designed to work together to equal a 40hr week. The start date for this is August 8th.
3. My family will take off on July 18th. July 17th will be my last Sunday at City Church. Erin Lynn and the girls will be flying and I will be driving the van filled with my guitar stuff and other odds and ends.

Many of you have also asked if there was anything you could do to help. As a matter of fact, yes! Here are some ways that you might be able to be a blessing and help our family.

1. Buy my stuff. We are selling pretty much everything and starting fresh in Seattle.
2. Help with a garage sale. I will be doing a sale on Saturday, May 14th and will need help that day as well as on Friday the 13th (!) for setup.
3. Painting, etc. We are going to rent out our home and she needs a fresh coat of paint plus a few other minor fixups. Once the garage sale is done and the house is more empty, this will be easier.

Finally, some of you may feel inclined to contribute financially. As you saw above, the internship and school are all unpaid. We would love to avoid racking up any student loan debt for this school period and we will be asking for sponsors. One-time donations are welcome, but we will also be asking for regular monthly donors for the 14 months of this internship. We will have some income from the rental of our house, plus I will be able to do some part time work, music teaching, etc., but we will need some sort of extra support for this season. I will have more specifics available in a few weeks, but for now just prayerfully consider supporting my family financially either with a one-time gift or regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment