Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Psalm of Jack Shephard

I love Lost. One of the main characters, Jack Shephard, has been identified with the number "23". Psalm 23 is called the "Shepherd's Psalm." This got me thinking...

Psalm 4, 8 , 15, 16, 23, 42

Jack is my Shephard, I shall not be in charge. He makes me lie down in green pastures to deliver my baby. He leads me to find clean drinking water. He can fix everything. He guides me on paths to the Black Rock for dynamite's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the statue, I will fear no Smoke Monster, for Jack is with me. Your "Flame" and your "Swan", they comfort me. You prepare a table for me in the hatch of my enemies. You anoint my head with Dharma shampoo. My cup overflows with Dharma beer. Hurley, Kate, and Sawyer will follow me all the days of my life, and I will live forever on the island...or die alone.

(Lynn and Ruthie and Bowen all helped me with the preceding piece of heresy. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment