Saturday, October 17, 2009

Why Should I Blog?

I am going to start this blog for several reasons:

#1 - I have lots of thoughts, opinions, and ideas (who doesn't) and I'm looking for a format to get them organized. I've tried journaling in the classic sense. Heck, I've even considered getting a moleskin (!), but I'm just not quite that artsy-new-hippie-ish or soy-metrosexual-Seattle-ish. I connect better with my own thoughts when I type them out. Besides, if I want to be able to go back and read my own thoughts, they'd better not be in my handwriting.

#2 - These musings, these posts could be accomplished on Facebook notes, but my hope is to invite more people into the conversation than are currently on my "friend" list.

#3 - At some point, I would like to write a book or two, but I need to practice my writing skills. In the blog format, I can write practice "articles" (that's how I'm going to approach this), possibly for publication someday.

#4 - Mostly, I have a distinct passion for the exchange of ideas. I spend time regularly reading though others' blogs, commenting on the posts, and engaging with the other commenters. Sometimes a comment will turn into a miniature dissertation; if I have my own blog, then I can have a format to more fully articulate my positions on various issues and ideas.

Thanks! Aaron

1 comment: